What are subject pronouns?

A subject pronoun, also called subjective or subject personal pronoun, is used as substitute for proper and common nouns.
Examples
John is a doctor - He is a doctor
The laptop is on the desk - It is on the desk
A subject pronoun is used when the pronoun is the subject of the sentence.
Example
______ did the job.
I, you, he, she, it, we, and they all fit into the blank and are, therefore, subject pronouns.
A subject pronoun indicates:
·         number: singular or plural,
·         gender: male or female,
·         person: first, second or third person.
Examples
I
I (first person singular)
you (singular)
you (second person singular)
he
She (third person singular female)
she 
He (third person singular male)
it
It (third person singular inanimate )
we
We (first person plural)
you plural 
You (second person plural)
they
They (third person plural)
The words "I, you, he, she, it, we, you, they" are subject pronouns. They refer to a person or thing in speech or in writing.
Review:
Subject pronouns
Possessive adjectives
Possessive pronouns
Reflexive pronouns
Object pronouns
I
my
mine
myself
me
you
your
yours
yourself
you
he
his
his
himself
him
she
her
hers
herself
her
it
its
its
itself
it
we
our
ours
ourselves
us
you
your
yours
yourselves
you
they
their
theirs
themselves
them

No comments

Featured Post

Pahela Baishakh Paragraph The First Day Of Bengali New Year

Pahela Baishakh Paragraph The First Day Of Bengali New Year

Powered by Blogger.