What are object pronouns?

An object pronoun, also called objective pronoun, functions as the object of a verb or preposition, as distinguished from a subject or subjective pronoun, which is the subject of a verb.
Examples:
·         He begged her to live with him. (her is the object of the verb begged and him is the object of the preposition with)
·         She told them the truth. (them is the object of the verb told)
Object pronouns are used instead of object nouns, usually because we already know what the object is.
·         She's my friend. I really enjoy being with her.
·         I like this film. I saw it last week.
Object Pronouns
Object pronouns in English are the following:
me, you, him, her, it, us, them
Object pronouns come after either a verb (e.g "like") or a preposition (e.g "to").
Examples:
·         I like you but you don't like me.
·         Do you really hate her?
·         She loves sitting next to him.
·         She always writes e-mails to us.
·         He's talking to her about it.
 Review:
Subject pronouns
Possessive adjectives
Possessive pronouns
Reflexive pronouns
Object pronouns
I
my
mine
myself
me
you
your
yours
yourself
you
he
his
his
himself
him
she
her
hers
herself
her
it
its
its
itself
it
we
our
ours
ourselves
us
you
your
yours
yourselves
you
they
their
theirs
themselves
them

Pronoun

No comments

Featured Post

Pahela Baishakh Paragraph The First Day Of Bengali New Year

Pahela Baishakh Paragraph The First Day Of Bengali New Year

Powered by Blogger.