How Do I Love Thee - E.B. Browning






How Do
I Love Thee? (Sonnet 43)


Elizabeth
Barrett Browning, 1806 – 1861


How do
I love thee? Let me count the ways.


I love
thee to the depth and breadth and height


My soul
can reach, when feeling out of sight


For the
ends of being and ideal grace.


I love
thee to the level of every day’s


Most
quiet need, by sun and candle-light.


I love
thee freely, as men strive for right;


I love
thee purely, as they turn from praise.


I love
thee with the passion put to use


In my
old griefs, and with my childhood’s faith.


I love
thee with a love I seemed to lose


With my
lost saints. I love thee with the breath,


Smiles,
tears, of all my life; and, if God choose,


I shall
but love thee better after death.

No comments

Featured Post

Pahela Baishakh Paragraph The First Day Of Bengali New Year

Pahela Baishakh Paragraph The First Day Of Bengali New Year

Powered by Blogger.